|What do you want to do?
|Visit the ‘Members Area ’
Cardiac & Weight Management Dietitian
Croí is a registered Irish Heart & Stroke Charity based in Galway. Its mission is to prevent cardiovascular disease, save lives and promote recovery and wellbeing. Over the past decade, Croí have developed an expertise in cardiovascular disease prevention, early detection and intervention which has achieved national recognition through a variety of healthcare and innovation awards.
We are seeking to recruit a dietitian to develop and deliver the nutrition and dietetic components of a wide range of Croí health programmes.
To develop and deliver a dietetic service to Croí health programme participants and their families, offering dietary advice, in accordance with Croí standards and professional best practice. The post holder will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be based at the Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Newcastle, Galway.
CroíHealth Programmes& Initiatives
· CroíMyAction™ - an innovative cardiovascular disease prevention programme, targeting high-risk individuals and providing them with intensive risk factor management and lifestyle modification over a 12-16 week period
· CLANN (Changing Lifestyle with Activity and NutritioN)- an eight-week structured lifestyle modification programme designed specifically for patients who attend the bariatric medicine service at University Hospital Galway
· CroíMyBalance–a dietetic led weight management and lifestyle programme delivered over eight weeks (1 hour per week) with follow up at 3 months, 6 months and one year
· 1:1 Dietetic Assessments- designed for individuals who would like dietary advice relating to their weight, lipid profile, blood pressure or type 2 diabetes
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Competencies
The post holder will be required to demonstrate:
· A proficient knowledge of current developments in obesity, type 2 diabetes,cardiology, stroke, cardiac rehabilitation and the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease.
The post holder must be suitably qualified as follows:
It is desirable that the post holder has the following:
· Experience in the area of patient education, group facilitation and health promotion.
· Training in Motivational Interviewing or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
· A Postgraduate qualification.
· Previous teaching or lecturing experience.
This position will be offered as a full-time position and will be a fixed term contract of 12 months. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applicants must be available to commence employment immediately.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to before Tuesday, 9 July 19.
This job profile will be subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.